6.22.2009

Rough spot

So, I finally hit my rough spot. I guess it couldn't ALWAYS be easy and fun, right?? Yup.

I hit a few days (5) where I didn't run and I preferred it that way. I had spent so much time and effort running, planning my runs, thinking about it, preparing for it that it became more of a chore than something I was enjoying. Yuck.

So, I took the days off. I tried not to make myself feel bad about it. Some days it worked, some days it didn't.

I had a few fun, carefree days.

Then today hit.

I wanted to run again. So what did I do? I got home from work, turned on the sprinklers and took off. I didn't wear my iPod shuffle... I felt like I just needed some time to pound the pavement with my own thoughts and the sounds of nature.

It was nice. Actually, I ran for 30 minutes today. Sure, my pace slowed waaaayyyy down, but it didn't matter. What matters is that I was out there because I wanted to be.

I'm not gonna lie... I felt pretty awesome running for 30 minutes, though. LOL!!

I dunno what I will feel like tomorrow, but today was nice.

Peace!

0 comments: